For over 17 years, Brandon has focused his practice on business and commercial real estate transactions. He has extensive experience in a wide array of matters, such as sales and purchases of companies, secured loans, organizing and advising start-ups, and negotiating and documenting all sorts of business agreements (including, among others, asset purchase agreements, stock purchase agreements, shareholders agreements, operating agreements, partnership agreements, buy-sell agreements, franchise agreements, e-commerce agreements, employment agreements, consulting agreements, subcontractor agreements, services agreements, licensing agreements, and loan agreements). He also represents sellers, purchasers, landlords and tenants in commercial sales and leases and counsels clients on employment, corporate governance and legal compliance matters.
Recent Representative Transactions
- Represented an investment firm in the acquisition of a privately held consulting company and in financing that acquisition through a private placement.
- Represented a software company in the sale of its assets to a larger competitor and represented the former CEO of the seller in negotiating a consulting agreement with the purchaser.
- Negotiated and closed the sale of a majority equity interest in a web media company.
- Represented a retiring majority shareholder of an engineering firm in the sale of his shares to the firm.
- Represented a shareholder in the sale of a fifty percent ownership interest in a construction company and the company's headquarters.
- Represented a franchisee in the purchase of an existing franchised services business.
- Represented an investor in the purchase of an interest in a privately held real estate development company developing a new high-end Chicago hotel.
- Represented a software developer in structuring equity, salary and bonus compensation package from a technology start-up.
- Assisted with the launch of a start-up internet retailer. Created all legal forms, policies and contracts used by retailer. Also counseled the retailer on legal compliance and licensing issues.
- Represented a sublandlord in the sublease of a floor of a prominent Loop office building.
- Represented the seller in the sale of a suburban warehouse involving significant environmental issues.
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Lawyers in the Classroom, Constitutional Rights Foundation/Chicago Public Schools
- Oak Park School District 97 Committee for Legislative Action, Intervention and Monitoring
- University of Wisconsin (J.D., 1996)
- Oberlin College (B.A., 1992)
- State of Illinois
- State of Wisconsin