Lauren is an experienced litigator and concentrates her practice on commercial litigation and regulatory compliance. Her extensive litigation experience has involved the prosecution and defense of claims for breach of contract, shareholder liability, consumer fraud, insurance coverage and officer and director liability. Lauren also counsels clients on consumer finance regulatory issues.
In law school, Lauren served on the editorial board of the Wisconsin International Law Journal, was a member of Moot Court, clerked at the U.S. Attorney's office for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, and was a judicial extern for the Honorable John L. Coffey of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit.
Prior to attending law school, Lauren worked for two years as a paralegal in the U.S. Department of Justice, Antitrust Division.
Recent Representative Cases
- Obtained summary judgment for a company and its president in federal court, defeating an independent contractor’s attempt to hold the company and President liable for breach of a commission agreement.
- Won a finding of no liability from the Illinois Department of Human Rights in favor of a local bank accused of discriminatory lending practices. The ruling came after Lauren presented the bank president and accused loan officer as witnesses at an evidentiary hearing.
- Counseled start-up online retailer on a broad range of regulatory compliance issues.
- Developed privacy, e-signature, and data sharing policies for both online and brick-and-mortar lenders and retailers.
- Successfully settled a $6 million claim against a company and its president for $1 million that was paid entirely by insurance, with the clients paying $0 out of pocket.
- University of Wisconsin (J.D., 2009, cum laude, Order of the Coif, Editor - Wisconsin International Law Journal)
- Boston College (B.A., 2004, magna cum laude)
- State of Illinois
- State of Wisconsin
- State of Massachusetts
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin